Tuesday, May 29, 2012

2012: Hopefully My Biggest Summer Yet



Hey everyone,

I'm excited to be returning to Vegas for a another summer, so the blog is back for its third installment!  Alot of you read at least some of the last 2 summers, but if you're new to the blog or want to go back and read, the posts from the last 2 summers can still be found here.  The newest posts will appear on top of the page, and all other posts will follow behind or be logged in the archive which can be found on the left side of the page.

This summer should be the biggest and best yet.  I had a great time in Vegas on my own the last 2 summers, but this summer I am excited that Cliff will be joining me for the entire month plus that I will be there.  Cliff's friend Tony will also be coming out for the last few weeks, so it will be nice to have other people there to hang out, eat, and discuss poker with.  We have been planning this for months, and it has all worked out nicely so far.  We have a timeshare on the strip for the first week, as well as for the last 2 weeks, and the rest of the time will be spent at Harrahs, where I stayed for much of my summer last year.  I am really excited about the timeshares, since we'll have a full kitchen and fridge to eat a little healthier and not have to dine out every meal.

With Cliff and Tony joining me in Vegas, I think I am set up to have a more profitable summer than the last 2.  I look forward to talking poker with and learning from them.  I'll most likely be playing 2/5 No Limit cash games for most of the summer, with a few tournaments mixed in.  One of my main goals is to play at least 1 World Series of Poker event while I am out there, so hopefully the cash games will go well enough to afford the buy-in(s).  This summer will also be alot more fun, since I haven't seen Cliff (in person-Skype doesn't count) since college graduation.  I have also been studying cash game theory, and Cliff and I have done some work on tournament strategy, so I feel even more prepared for the summer than I have previous years.  I am really excited to get out there this weekend and play my best.  Hopefully good things will follow.  Thanks for reading, and I hope those of you who choose to follow along enjoy the blog!  Check back at the end of the weekend/beginning of the week for my first update from Vegas.

-Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment