Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th!

Hey guys,

Just a quick update. I just finished a short poker session at the Venetian. I have been playing shorter sessions since my mom and grandma got here and it has been going pretty well. I have had a few small wins and a few mid-sized wins in cash games since the tournament, and I'm climbing back to even.

I don't think I had any really exciting hands to report on or anything. It's been good though. My mom and grandma are still here and we've been having a good time. My mom and I have both played a bunch of poker (her more than me!) and the three of us have had some delicious meals and walked around alot of the strip. We checked out the new Cosmopolitan hotel and City Center one day, which meant a long walk down the strip. Last night we went over to the Mirage to play cuz it's my mom's favorite place to play. They didn't have any 2/5nl games running so I decided to just play 3/6 limit with my mom. Unfortunately, neither of us did very well, but it was fun to play poker with my mom. She has been doing well in the 3/6 limit games there outside of last night, so maybe I brought her some short term bad luck!

Tonight we're going to one of my favorite Vegas restaurants, Mon Ami Gabi. It's a great French steakhouse in the Eiffel Tower portion of the Paris hotel. I love the steak frites there, but we chose this restaurant tonight to be strategically placed on the Strip across from the Bellagio fountains and within view of Caesar's Palace to watch the fireworks tonight. Should be fun. Hope everyone has a great, safe Fourth of July.

-Danny

1 comment: