Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Nearing Even


Yo,

How's everyone doin? I'm still at Harrah's, grinding my way back to even. Poker can be crazy. I had a huge upswing to start, an even bigger downswing, and now I am grinding out small wins that are pulling me closer and closer to being even for the trip. I got very excited after the first few days at how much money I was making and could make if things continued that way. The downswing was terrifying and humbling at the same time. I haven't played too many hours over the last week or so, but the short sessions with small wins have helped me recover.

Now it is time for the final grind. I have about 9 days of play left. I am going to grind as many hours as I can in the cash games. I would also like to play another tournament. I may play another $350 tournament at the Venetian on Sunday, or I might try to go to the Rio one day soon and play a satellite to try to qualify for the Main Event of the World Series. We'll see how tonight and tomorrow go in cash games. I am excited for my last week and a half here. I am excited for the grind and to go back to the Rio for my last 5 nights. I enjoyed having the World Series of Poker cash games downstairs at my disposal when I was staying there. I love being on the strip, but it will be cool to be back at the Rio.

Last night, I went over to the Fashion Show mall on the north end of the strip to get a new hat. As most of you know, I love my white hats. Sadly, a huge gust of wind blew my hat off during the storm a few nights ago and my white hat became white with black spots. So, I went to Lids and bought a new one. While I was there, I discovered that RA Sushi Bar has a great happy hour menu, and I had a delicious california roll for just 4 bucks. I went back today for lunch, as they also have a terriyaki chicken lunch special for 8 bucks. If you have a RA near you, I suggest checkin out their lunch and happy hour deals. I also found a way to get pretty much all the way there without having to be in the Vegas heat. I'm really learning alot of little Vegas tricks that make it way easier to be out here for so long. Maybe I'll do a blog at the end outlining my Vegas tips and tricks. That's about it for now. Hope everyone's summers are going well.

Peace,

Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment