Thursday, July 7, 2011

Roller Coaster Continues


Unfortunately, I am finding myself on another downswing. Yesterday's and today's sessions were ugly. I'm running pretty bad, but I am also finding myself a little lost at the tables. That may be in part due to running bad, as when things aren't going well you begin to question your decisions. I wonder how profitable I actually am at cash games. I am pretty sure that I am a winning cash game player overall, but I know for sure that I would be way more profitable in tournaments.

I feel way more confident in tournaments, and my decisions always seem to feel easier. Playing online, it is way more reasonable to concentrate on tournaments as you can play many at a time and they run all day. Playing in the live arena, you really need a large bankroll and alot of time to iron out the variance that comes with tournament play. Thus, I am pretty much forced to concentrate on cash games. I hope that I am just running terribly, but there are definitely some spots in cash games that I need some work on. Hopefully I can plug some of these leaks soon and finish out the summer on a high note.

The WSOP Main Event started today, and boy do I wish I was playing. I thought about playing a satellite, but the downswing is keeping me from being willing to pony up 550 on a 1 in 20 shot. I will 100% play in it one day, I just have to wait for it to be my time. Hopefully online poker will come back eventually and allow me to grind tournaments again.

Not too much else is going on here. Tonight I went to the 2+2(an online poker community/forum) party and got some free food and dessert. I will probably take the night off from poker and do some apartment searching. Then, it's back to the grind. Tomorrow is a new day.

-Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment