Sunday, June 26, 2011

Aria Poker Doesn't Treat Me As Well As Rio Poker


Hola,

I figure it's about time for another update. After my rough losing session on my birthday, I returned to the tables for one more bday poker game. It started out pretty terribly, as I was quickly down a good amount. However, this time I was able to claw my way back thanks to some very crazy guys at my table. They were throwing around hundred dollar bills like I've never seen, and luckily I was able to catch some before I called it a night. I ended up making back about half of what I lost earlier that day.

Unfortunately, the cards would turn cold again for me the next day. Yesterday, I played for about 5 hours at Aria and had a big losing day. It was pretty rough. I just wasn't getting the cards, and when I did, someone got slightly better. Sometimes, that's just how it goes in poker. As I experienced plenty last year, you have to ride the variance wave and keep pushing through the bad streaks until another good run comes along. Luckily, I am still up for my trip despite these two disastrous sessions which makes it alot easier to keep playing through it.

I will probably play for a few hours today at Aria to get my last few hours required to get the poker room rate for my hotel stay. Playing a total of 5 hours per day (15 total since I am here for 3 nights) gets me a very reduced rate here. I played 5 hours during the first session on my bday, and 2 hours during the second session. They usually track your hours by swiping your player's card at the table. However, the table that I played at Friday night didn't have the computer system. Instead, we were just supposed to report to the floor people how long we played. When I told her that I played 2 hours that session, she said "Oh, not 4?" Confused, I said "Well, I'm not gonna lie to you, I played 2. But, if you want it to be 4, I'd be happy to take 4." She said that since we were patient about playing on a side table, she would help us out by giving a few extra hours. So even though I only played 7 hours that day and 5 yesterday, I got credit for a total of 14 hours. Thus, I really only have to play about 1 more hour today to receive the full poker rate discount, which is perfectly fine with me.

After my morning poker session, I am planning to go to the Rio to catch another of Domenico's final tables. Those of you who read my blog last year may remember that last year Winnett's friend Domenico made the final table of a Limit Hold'em event. Well, he did it again...like 2 weeks ago...and again, today! The final table starts around 2:30 so I'l probably head over there around then to hopefully watch him take it down to earn his well deserved 1st WSOP bracelet at his 3rd final table and the $167,000 that goes with it. I'll update about it next time!

Later,

Danny

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! Hope you had a good day today...See you in Vegas Friday!! Woohoo!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete