Friday, June 24, 2011

Happy Birthday/Move to Aria



Hey peeps,

I just got back from a delicious birthday meal at Carnevino, Mario Batali's steakhouse at the Palazzo. I went last year with Lahey and knew I had to go back. I figured my birthday was a perfect excuse to go get a nice steak. And man was it awesome. The filet was amazing, the bread was spectacular, and they brought out some kind of fried little ball made out of a bunch of different cheeses compliments of the chef which was shockingly tasty. There are so many great steakhouses in Vegas, but I'm definitely happy with my choice to go back to Carnevino.

Let's rewind a bit. Yesterday was my last day and night at the Rio(until I return there for my last 5 nights in Vegas). It went pretty well, as I logged a few hours at the table in the morning for a solid win and a few more hours before dinner to book a small win. I was tired from waking up so early every morning and decided to take the night off from poker and get a good rest. Somehow, I still ended up waking up very early this morning and decided to check out early and head over to the Aria.

If you haven't been to Vegas in a while, then you probably are wondering wtf is the Aria. It's a newer hotel located at the newly built City Center on the Strip. It's pretty awesome and very modern. I attempted to use my birthday to swing a "complimentary upgrade," but had no luck this time. Not that it really matters, as my room is very nice. After checking in, I went up to the room to put my bags down. As soon as I opened my door, the lights all came on, music started playing, and the curtains slowly opened to reveal a nice view of the City Center's other properties. It was like my own little surprise party. Here are some pictures of the room:

Everything is controlled by a touch screen remote next to the bed. It controls the temperature, television, lights, curtains, music, and even the privacy settings on the door. Pretty awesome. I'm sure it does even more that I have yet to discover.

The safe, which fits my laptop, is located in a drawer next to the bed! It's very fancy and makes me feel just a little bit like James Bond.

Overall, it was a decent birthday with the exception of the poker :( I had a very rough day at the tables, but overall I'm still doing well since I arrived in Vegas. I won't go into all of the details since most of them weren't pretty, but I am just going to try to forget about today's loss and get right back to winning.

Thanks again to everyone who wished me a happy birthday today! I really appreciate all of your love and support. It means alot while I am out here and is why I don't feel lonely despite being alone in Vegas. Hopefully a better poker update will be coming soon!

Later,
Danny


No comments:

Post a Comment