Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Big Downswing

DISCLAIMER: I tried to post this on June 29th, so this is a few days old.

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't blogged in a few days. It's partially because I am staying at Harrah's now and don't have internet in my room. But mostly, it's because I haven't had too much great to say. Unfortunately, my good run in the beginning came to an end around my birthday, when I started to have a bit of a downswing. Now, that small downswing has turned into a big one. I was up alot in my first few days here, but now I am down for the trip.

Poker can be veeeerrrryyy frustrating when things do not go your way. I will not subject you to bad beat stories in this blog. Nor will I dwell too long on how crappy things are going poker-wise. Let's just put it this way: the cards are rarely coming, and when they do, they tend to hit someone else slightly better. I experienced this last summer as well. The swings in poker can be very difficult to deal with. Unfortunately, this downswing hits a bit harder since I am playing higher limits than I did last time. I am fortunate, however, that I won some money in the beginning to offset this lesson in variance. I am going to keep pushing through, and hopefully I'll get back to winning soon. I'd kinda like that.

Otherwise, things in my life are still good. It is just poker afterall. I have seen the ups and downs in poker many times. While the losses can definitely affect my mood, I try to shake it off and remember all the good things I have in my life. The last few days, I have felt shitty at night but I wake up feeling reinvigorated and ready to turn it around. My luck hasn't turned back yet, but I keep hoping it will soon. Keep checking back to find out! Winning or losing, this weekend will be a fun one, as my mom and grandma (Bub) are coming out to Vegas for July 4th weekend. It will be really nice to see some familiar faces around here. And who knows, maybe their visit will turn my trip around. Last summer, Amy's trip to Vegas was the turning point for turning my losses into wins. Hopefully this will do the same!

I tried to post some pictures of my room at Harrah's on here, but for some reason the image function is not working for me right now. I'll try again next time. Thanks again for reading. Hopefully next time will be more upbeat!

-Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment