Saturday, June 19, 2010

Steady Climbing




Yo,

Just havin dinner at the Venetian again, so I figured I'd stop in and say hey. Since my last post, not too much of interest has happened. I went to Bally's last night to check out their game, but I only stayed about 2 hrs because it was boring and really noisy. Luckily, I was able to get a win there before I left, so I called it an early night. Back at the hotel, I decided to try my luck at getting a fridge again. I asked the lady at the front desk what it would cost me to get one, and she said "Is it for medicine?" As I was saying no, she told me to just say yes, so I did. "Oh, then its free!" she said. Saaaaweeet. Other than that, not much is goin on. I had a couple of small-medium wins, and I'm closing in on that breaking-even point. It will be really nice to show a profit again, no matter if its two dollars or a thousand. I'm happy that I have been able to stick to grinding and haven't gone on crazy tilt and lost money stupidly. I really do feel like I have a good understanding of variance's role in poker. There are so many ups and downs, but I really do feel like I will come out ahead in the end. Poker is such a long-term game, and you really have to be able to check your emotions at the door. It is not so easy to do. The best one can do, really, is to control your emotions and know yourself well enough to know when to walk away and when to keep playing. You also really need to assess your play everyday and plug any leaks you might have in your game. I think I have learned alot about my game everyday and I am really starting to get a good control on the ins and outs of cash games. Despite the sometimes cruel nature of the game, I am still enjoying my time here and my opportunity to play the game I love everyday. So ya, thats about it for now. Just some random thoughts. Hope those of you still reading are enjoying the blog. I definitely appreciate you being interested and rooting for me.

Danny

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, great encounter with the front desk woman. Please tell me she really put a lot into the "Oh, then it's free!" Glad to hear you're doing well, and I hope poker keeps treating you (relatively) well.

    ReplyDelete